Managing Architect / Architecture Delivery Manager
Location: Home based, with regular travel to client locations across the UK
Our Architecture Managed Service (AMS) is one of our most popular service offerings, and we currently provide this to many blue chip clients. Depending on the size of these engagements, each may need one or more Managing Architects to lead the entire engagement, or a team within the engagement. Typically, the Service provides Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture and Solution Design services to a variety of projects and initiatives. In some cases, the service is positioned over a significant Transformation Programme. In other cases, the service is supporting a wide project portfolio which includes new propositions, new business capabilities, regulatory changes and operational improvements.
What you would do:
You will lead all aspects of the AMS within the boundaries of both budget and contract.
For any given AMS, the responsibilities of the Managing Architect would typically include some (perhaps even all) of the following
- Being the main point of contact for the Client with respect to the operation and governance of the AMS
- Working with the client to understand demand for the service, and building/managing the AMS team so that it is rightsized to deliver the service
- Working with the Mosaic Island resourcing team in order to bring in new resources to the AMS, having responsibility for resource interviewing and selection
- Managing the allocation of client demand to AMS resources
- Managing the work performed by the AMS, ensuring that AMS resources plan and execute their engagements effectively, deliver on time, and that they meet the agreed quality expectations of the client
- For larger AMS's, working alongside other Managing Architects to deliver the service, potentially having oversight responsibility for one or more other Managing Architects
- Performing AMS Governance, reporting to the client's management team and key stakeholders, as well as internally to the Mosaic Island Portfolio Lead
- Managing key client stakeholder relationships, including portfolio owners, project and programme management, and architecture and design team leads
- Managing the AMS budget and profitability within clearly defined boundaries
- Working with the Service Delivery Manager who is responsible for onboarding, off-boarding, finance and SLA reporting
- Identifying new AMS demand as well as other opportunities to extend Mosaic Island's relationship with the client (working with the Mosaic Island Client Partner)
- Bringing the team together through knowledge sharing and other appropriate events
- Co-ordination of value add delivery to the client within a predefined budget
In addition, as a valued member of the Mosaic Island team, you will be expected to contribute to wider business activities, in terms of knowledge capital, continuous improvement and business development in support of delivery to our clients.
About you and your experience:
- Experience within Telecommunications IT and/or Financial Services and/or Consulting/ Management Consulting firm
- Solution Architecture and/or Enterprise Architecture practical experience gained through a variety of clients and situations
- Experience of planning and estimating
- Good understanding of IT Delivery life cycles/methodologies
- Stakeholder Management
- Interviewing Techniques
- Commercial acumen with strong Excel and numerical skills
- Strong Presentation and PowerPoint skills
- Able to adeptly translate business challenges to IT solutions
- Leading technology teams to deliver their best performance
- Fintech and UK Government experience desirable
Above all, you will be flexible, adaptable and pro-active, however the following may also describe you...
- Strong interpersonal skills - Able to engage at all levels of an organisation (from CxO to developer)
- Develops a strong level of trust and influence
- Exudes confidence and expertise
- Strong leader with experience of managing a team of IT professionals
- Customer and results focused
- Enthusiastic and displays a can-do attitude
- Excellent presentation skills (oral and written)
- Flexible and adaptable to work on different engagements across the business
Life at Mosaic Island:
Our company is bright, confident and ambitious and our people are smart, passionate and great at what they do. We believe in and facilitate a flexible and collaborative work environment and remain true to our values at all times and so we look for experts who share these values. In return for your hard work, you can expect a comprehensive benefits package including:- competitive salary and bonus, contributory pension, holiday purchase scheme, life assurance, employee assistance programme as well as additional perks such as a cycle and tech scheme & subsidised gym membership!
Mosaic Island is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or Employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements, which cannot be shown to be justifiable.