To work as a Consulting Architect, providing expertise across a range of engagements delivering value for our clients, from very short and intense consulting engagements, to longer term projects across a range of industries and technical environments.
- To apply your “T-shaped” experience of architecture and design across both a wide range of domains, but with depth in data architecture, design and delivery topics
- To perform a wide range of activities as required by the engagements and clients we serve, including Enterprise and Solution Architecture Consultancy across a variety of projects. These projects could be within a Managed Service we are delivering for our clients, or within standalone consulting engagement teams and could include:-
- Enterprise & Solution Architecture across a range of industries including Telecommunications, Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail and Publishing/Rights Management
- Complex Solution Design within Development phases
- Prototype solution development across a mix of proprietary, open-source and cloud-based technologies
- Solution Design and implementation consultancy
- Business Architecture and requirements management
- Delivery consultancy within both agile and waterfall projects
- To apply structured problem solving, commercial awareness, strong communication and consultative skills to complex business challenges for Mosaic Island’s clients
- Lead, mentor and develop other Mi employees and Associates through the course of delivering engagements jointly
- Develop and contribute to the Mi knowledge network
- To assist with engagement recruitment where appropriate
- To lead or be an integral part of one of our engagement delivery teams
- Help evolve our practices and grow collateral and propositions in support of delivery to clients
- Live by and benefit from the Mosaic Island values
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- You will be an experienced Solution or Enterprise Architect already, with experience across a variety of industries.
- You may already possess a good base of consulting skills, gained from previous roles which will allow you to be great at translating business challenges into practical and deliverable solutions, and working comfortably at both a business and technical level.
- Experience of a broad range of technology stacks (both open source and proprietary), and the accompanying open mind, will be a distinct advantage
- You will be be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of a variety of both large scale and smaller scale delivery methodologies including agile, waterfall, product/feature-led and project led
- Commercial acumen and understanding of project and engagement financing
- You will know several additional technology areas outside your focus and are self-motivated to research, learn, explore and keep up to date to stretch beyond your comfort zone
- Strong interpersonal skills - Able to engage at all levels of our client organisations and equally across the wider Mosaic Island team (from CxO to developer)
- Develops a strong level of trust and influence, and has a straight and true moral compass!
- Exudes confidence and expertise, bringing customer and colleagues along when driving new ideas
- Demonstrates strong and fair leadership skills (not necessarily of people, but with ideas, designs, tasks and activities)
- Customer and results focused
- Enthusiastic and displays a can-do attitude, even in areas and situations that are outside the comfort-zone
- Excellent presentation skills (oral and written)
- Flexible and adaptable to work on different engagements, at different levels, across the business
Home based and flexible to travel to client locations across the UK.
LIFE AT MOSAIC ISLAND
Our company is bright, confident and ambitious and our people are smart, passionate and great at what they do. We believe in and facilitate a flexible and collaborative work environment and remain true to our values at all times and so we look for experts who share these values. In return for your hard work, you can expect the following from us:
- Competitive salary
- Homeworking allowance
- Performance related bonus
- Employer contributory pension
- Healthcare annual allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Long service holiday awards (an extra day’s holiday after 3 years of service)
- Life Insurance Policy
- Discounted gym membership
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle scheme and Tech scheme
Mosaic Island is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or Employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements, which cannot be shown to be justifiable.